Whey Protein Isolate
Whey Protein Isolate For Everyone
By RaynKa Roy
Years ago, nutritional scientists came up with a method with which one could extract pure milk proteins from the whey that was left behind from making cheese. During this process fat and cholesterol are removed and the purified product that is obtained is whey protein isolate – now considered as the richest possible source of essential amino acids. Our bodies need protein for the proper growth of bones and for living a healthy lifestyle.
Research has found that whey protein isolate has lots of health benefits:
• It helps in stabilizing blood sugar levels, and even helps in preventing diabetes.
• It reduces stress and alleviates depression.
• It stimulates the body’s own protein synthesis, which helps in building muscle.
• It enhances the immune system, thus fighting infections.
• It prevents osteoporosis by helping support the growth of strong bones.
• It helps in preventing prostate cancer.
• It slows the production of cortisol and releases serotonin, which is a calming brain chemical.
Though there are people who consider protein powder drinks to be only for body builders, it has been proven that these drinks are beneficial for almost everyone, but especially for growing children. Because whey protein isolate supports every cell in the body, it helps the brain in the prevention of ADD and ADHD symptoms. It is also beneficial for pregnant and lactating women, because it’s the key to proper development of every infant.
The best part, though, is that whey protein isolate is easy to absorb. This is one of the key criterion of milk, so whey gains the benefit because of where it comes from.